If you need help to improve your academic writing and research skills, or with general study skills, our Library and Learning Centre, Te Whare Pukapuka Wāhanga Whakapakari Ako, team are here to help.
They can give you free, confidential, one-on-one support by telephone or email. They are also active in the talk channels of our online courses.
When it comes to assignment writing, the Library and Learning Centre team can help with:
- academic writing skills
- how to understand the topic, and structure the assignment to ensure it flows
- APA referencing and APA style
- understanding and preventing plagiarism.
You can also check our Academic integrity section for more on plagiarism and academic honesty, and our study tips and techniques section for information on understanding your assignment topic, researching, academic and assignment writing and referencing.
Research and study support
If you need help with research, they can:
- give you help to search for information on our online library
- help you evaluate information and decide on the best sources for your topic
- improve your reading and note-making skills
- develop your study skills, including time management and setting learning goals
- help you prepare for exams
- develop strategies for coping with study and exam stress
- help you learn to navigate your online course pages.
We also have a free online library that's available 24/7, where you can access resources, guides on how to look for information and information on study techniques. The library also has a distance lending service with free and fast delivery.
Need more information?
If you have any questions about how to get help from the Library and Learning Centre you can email or call:
- freephone 0508 650 200 and then press 3